Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grandma & Blues Clues - A Perfect Day!

Today Erika was up at 6:30 and thankfully, Peter got up with her. I didn't really stay in bed too long but was able to get a few things done while the two of them were downstairs. She slept 12 solid hours last night! She went to sleep or should I say completely passed out at 6:30 last night which is the earliest she has went to bed in such a long time!Then later in the afternoon, my mother and Erika & I met up for some lunch, Blues Clues and shopping! We went to the same playhouse that I have been to before to see Blues Clues. It is very low cost and good entertainment for Erika. First we went to Wendy's for some yummy lunch. Erika sat like a big girl on a big girl chair. No booster and no high chair and she did great. My mother was impressed with how much she ate.Then we went over to the show. We picked up our tickets and after a little bit of waiting, we were inside the theater and finding our seats. It's cute at this theater because they hand out a little Blues Clues handy dandy notebook and crayon so the kids to play along during the show.Erika really behaved GREAT throughout the show. Only time she became slightly restless was during the 15 minute intermission which was a bit long for a children's performance.She was really excited when Blue came out. I am pretty sure that she was indicating that she wanted to go up to the front to hug him!The theme of this play was Blues Birthday Party. It really is a fun time and lots of singing and music! I was tempted to buy another set of tickets for next week but my mother and I decided that Erika probably wouldn't sit through the whole thing again. It is an hour and a half with the 15 minute intermission.During the whole show we had to figure out what Blue wanted for her birthday by following all of the clues. And all she wanted was a nice hug from Joey! Who doesn't want a hug right? After the show we did a small amount of shopping and then we went home. It was a VERY nice time.I thought that Erika would have a repeat crying performance like she did with Santa if I brought her up to Blue and magenta but she actually liked them!

Of course I couldn't get her to turn around for any of the pictures but that's okay. there was a long line waiting behind us and I didn't want to take up too much time.That's Joey!

And check out Erika's two new dresses from Grandma. The one on the left will be her Easter dress! I LOVE both of them. Thank you Grandma.

No comments: