So after we came in from our backyard fun...Erika took a nice relaxing bath and a nap to recharge her energy for the evening. I LOVE this little dress on her! Shannel, one of my best students gave this to Erika for her birthday along with two other outfits and some hair clips.
In the picture above, I think you can see the shape of Erika's mouth happening. Her teeth are changing the shape of her mouth and it is very adorable!!! She has four on the bottom and I think four on the top and who knows - there may even be some more in there that I haven't discovered yet!
Erika is becoming such a little girl as opposed to still being a little baby. On Friday when I take her for her 1 year old check up, I have so many questions for the doctor - when to stop the bottle, is it okay I still give her baby food veggies, when does he think she will walk, and when to toss the pacifier...just to name a few.
I mentioned in Friday's post that Erika's Grandma gave her something. Well here is a picture of Erika helping Daddy put the surprise together. I am glad I offered to put the other one of these that we just got together because this one...was a pain in the neck!
Erika picked up the instructions herself to try and help Daddy. In the end though, I took Erika out to the food store so that Daddy could finish in peace. Erika wasn't exactly being as helpful as the pictures portray! But while they were doing that, I did some much needed baby proofing in the living room. I have been saying I am doing it for so long and it is great now that I did it. There isn't much trouble that she can get into anymore. I just have to buy the locks for the cabinets and all will be safe (I think) in the living room.
After Erika and I returned from the store....the new STROLLER was ready and Erika took off. Look at her smiling face. THANK YOU Grandma and thank you Daddy for having the patience to put it together. While I was out I picked up some snacks for us because we had decided that we were going to have a "date night" after Erika went to bed. HA...that is a funny idea...it didn't go as smooth as we thought it would.
The movie we thought we were watching was weird so we had to find another one on the movies on demand channel. But the best was before that we were on our hands and knees searching high and low for the t.v. remote because Erika put it some where. We wasted so much time looking for that remote and it was getting later and later! It was already 10:00pm! Our pizza that I made was getting cold, the ice in our margarita's was melting and making the drinks watery and we were getting stressed! Then I hear Erika crying upstairs...no more warm pizza for me. The remote ended up being on the fish tank to keep it away from Erika.
After getting Erika back to sleep, we watched a movie called Juno which was okay and we had chips and guacamole. It was difficult to stay awake. I had to keep the lights on so that my body didn't relax too much. It was comical how hard it was to try and spend two hours together watching a movie! Oh well...at least we tried!
1 comment:
Oh boy! Sorry to hear your date night didn't go as planned. It's so hard to find "couple" time once you have kiddos, but the older they get the easier it gets.
Post a Comment