Friday, March 21, 2008

Day two off of six...play date with Isabelle cancelled...boo hoo!

Sad but true...this table was all "dressed up" and had no people to sit down with it. Like I mentioned yesterday, Isabelle and her Mommy had plans of coming over today. BUT Erika woke up with the "green stuff" running out of her nose. Proper Mommy etiquette indicates that you should warn the other Mommy about "green stuff" coming from your child's nose! Michelle and I have shared one too many germs back and forth with our daughters and so we decided to call off our get together. We were both so disappointed but know it is for the better. I would have felt terrible if Isabelle was sick for Easter because of Erika. I am thinking that maybe Erika's restless nights lately are due to a cold brewing. Today she is sneezing, coughing and stuffy. I guess Mommy will be next. Daddy already feels it.
So Michelle stopped by quickly to drop of some goodies she had made and a great Easter basket for Erika. Check out this cake that she made for us! So cool! I don't even want to cut into it!

I am starting to see how things really truly revolve around your children. I mean I already knew this but canceling plans is new for Peter and I. I remember how bummed out we were on Christmas when we had to cancel plans because Erika was sick. I hope that we can keep our Easter plans. Today was difficult for me because I was really looking forward to spending time with Michelle and Isabelle! Erika is so worth anything and everything and it doesn't matter to me what I have to give up.

This is Erika right after getting up from her afternoon nap. Her hair is all silly looking because I had it up before she took her nap. I took the picture before I fixed her all up again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad we didn't get to play but glad we got to see you. Thanks for keeping the lulus to yourself ha ha (a little mommy humor!) Wishing you a wonderful Easter! xoxoxo