Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mommy Called The Doctor And The Doctor Said -

"Erika is VERY tall for her age!" Today was Erika's 10 month check up even though she is really 10 1/2 months old. She is doing great. She is 30 3/4 inches long which is almost 2 inches longer than our last visit in February. She weighs 22 pounds and 12 ounces which is exactly 2 pounds more than the February visit. Again the doctor was impressed with Erika's vocabulary. He said that she has a vocabulary of a 15 month old. Of course I felt proud of my little one. She has become quite a handful at the doctor the past few times. Erika hates that paper that she has to sit on. Today I tried having her sit on a blanket but she could still hear the paper. The doctor warned me that at about 1 year of age Erika may start having stranger anxiety which is common. He told me the sippy cups with the straw are better for her teeth than regular sippy cups. And to start breaking the pacifier habit at one year of age. By the way, her height is the 98th percentile, meaning she is taller than 98 of the babies her age and her weight is in the 90th percentile. Funny because this time he told me that she could even gain a pound or two! Last time he warned me about her being too heavy, this time she can gain some!! Doctors...

Look how worked up she is already (sad & red face). And this was before her shot.


"Is that he doctor coming in with my shot?"
I am excited because I actually made a hair cut appointment for Friday. (Thank you Michelle for offering to baby sit) Not only am I getting it cut but I am getting it permed again. I love my hair short and curly. Then the following week I will get the color done too. I also looked into a local gym today. I miss going to Curves but they don't have daycare. There is a local gym in the same shopping center with daycare. It would be so great for me to have something that is mine again. I haven't made a full decision on that yet but I am leaning towards it.


Erika's super cute outfit is from Kim. Thank you Kim, you are VERY thoughtful and we appreciate you so much.

3 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

You should be proud of Erika you are doing such a good job with her.

Damiane'

Anonymous said...

'Brass taxes', Erika 'seems pretty intelligent'.

-Brittany and Lily

Anonymous said...

Erika is SO cute. she is such a good baby. she looks so much like my baby sister CHLOE!

- brittany d. :)