
Yesterday was such a nice day for Erika's grandpa. His birthday is coming up so we decided to have a get together. The picture above is of the cake that I made. Double layer white cake with chocolate pudding in the middle. Yummy...but not fat free!! I can't even come close to decorating a cake as good as Michelle does, but I did my best. I haven't baked a cake in years because we haven't had a kitchen for so long. Just in case the gel writing on the cake isn't clear...it says we love you but I had to put a heart because I was running out of gel quick!
The picture below of Pete and I makes me laugh because we are both looking in opposite directions for two separate cameras! Did I mention that we really had a nice time??
Erika likes being silly with Grandpa. She smiles as soon as he walks in the house. It is very touching to watch the two of them together. He keeps reminding me of how skinny she was last summer when I first had her. He was my "taxi driver" in the beginning for all the doctors appointments when I wasn't allowed to drive for six weeks. So he spent a lot of newborn time with skinny Erika.

Grandma having fun with Erika.
After we all ate the baked ziti that I made, I suggested a walk down to the beach before round two with the FULL FAT cake! Oh and home made chocolate chip cookies!! So here is the family shot at the chilly and windy beach. It was so much different than when I went on Saturday! It was beyond windy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment