Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just Loving My Baby Girl

This past Saturday (the day I found out about the surgery) I finally went for a hair cut (and color). The last time I went was in April or May. So I was way beyond over do. I also had my nails done on Saturday. It was nice to do a couple of things for myself. Anyway, in the picture above, which was taken this morning before work, you can see my hair. Not too much of a difference but now that I don't have 4 - 5 inch roots....I can actually leave my hair down.
Yesterday and today I have been feeling so cheated with time with Erika. Yesterday when I brought her home, she was so tired that I had to put her down for a nap which meant even less time that I had with her. She is so tired from this schedule that we are on that she can barely keep up. And she has only been taking one nap per day at Maureen's. She still cries every morning when I leave her too which is a rough way for me to start my day. The picture above is this morning on the way to work. Erika usually holds a baby doll in each arm and hugs and kisses them the entire time. That's my little Mommy!Today I did a really cool activity with my students from the book The Rainbow Fish. The kids loved it and so did I. Anyway, it is hard to explain the details if you are not familiar with the book. But in the picture I am pointing to work that all my students did today. It was nice. By the way, my surgery date is September 30th. YUCK.
I brought in gold fish crackers today in little snack bags for all 110 students and they really liked that. Erika loved it too! She munched on them almost the entire way home from Maureen's. I remember when she used to dump everything out of a bowl or bag and now she is much more civilized!! One little cracker at a time. Awww...she is growing up too fast.
One of Erika's favorite activities is to play with the rocks that Peter has surrounding that plant. She puts them in the containers, dumps them and then starts all over again. Usually that keeps her occupied while I am making dinner. Check out Bob watching over her too!
And then before I knew it, it was bath time, bottle, brush the chompers and night night! Boo hoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I do wish we had done that fish project (I'm sure Andrea would have liked it). I think I'll be able stop by to say hello after Studio Art on Wednesday, if i can remember (it's not fun in homeroom anyway). Good luck with your surgery...

Arjun and Indira said...

I like your hair. That is a good color for you for sure! I am sorry Erika is crying when you drop her off. You can always bring her by here on your way to work. LOL
Damiane'