Saturday, November 1, 2008

Playing Outside

The Halloween details - when Erika and I came home from Maureen's and school Erika needed a bath. She had orange paint and pizza sauce all over her and I just couldn't have a messy little pumpkin! So scrub a dub dub into the tub she went. I kept telling her she was going to be a pumpkin because I was attempting to prepare her mentally. I wasn't sure how she was going to react to having the costume on and I knew it could possibly turn into disaster! Anyway, after 3 layers of clothing, the pumpkin costume was on and she was so so EXCITED! I was thrilled and she was too.So then we took her trick or treating pumpkin and hit the road! First stop was right next door to Aunt Judy's house. Erika caught onto the concept pretty quickly! So then next (and last) was the other side of our house - Jason and Laura. Again she knew the routine. We didn't go to any other houses because we had the neighborhood party to go to and I didn't want the candy in the house.So then we went to the neighborhood party for a little bit, came home to answer the door for the trick or treater's and had some yummy pizza. Erika had a great Halloween and i am so glad I changed my mind about dressing her up. She loved when the kids came to the door too. She would say "hi" with this huge smile to all of them.Now onto the details of today. Erika woke up at 4:30 and had no interest in going back to sleep till 10:00! So Mommy gave daddy a break and Erika and I hung out and played...and played...and played. While Erika napped I went to ww and the food store. Side note on the weight - I have lost a total of 18.2 and want to loose about 10 more pounds...or even more would be great! So after Erika's nap and lunch we went outside to play.

Then Aunt Judy, Erika and I took a walk to the local state park and played at the playground. Erika's cold and cough seem to get a little better every day. I have been pumping her full of fruits and veggies. At ever meal I stuff her with a jar of each in addition to what ever she is feeding herself. She still has about a week and a half left of taking her antibiotic. At night she has been sleeping without the help of benedryl, which is great.And just one cute story left over from Friday morning. Every morning since Erika was a baby before I leave for work, we have a "group hug." Peter hands Erika to me and the three of us hug. Friday morning she said "group hug" before we even did it! Totally adorable!

1 comment:

Arjun and Indira said...

Erika said group hug, my heart just melted....we have group hugs here too and she is more than welcome to share! We call ours sandwiches but it is just me and the twinnies when we do it! And as always, Erika is ever so stylish...and adorable in her pics!
Damiane'