Friday, February 22, 2008

Mommy FINALLY bought a walker for Erika

I have debated over the safety of a walker for so long. I even spoke to the doctor about it and he had begged me NOT to get one. Even without stairs, they really aren't considered safe any more. Little ledges and ridges in the floor, carpet and other areas can cause a problem. But every time we go to Isabelle's house Erika goes in Isabelle's walker and I can tell how much she likes it. Daddy has wanted a walker for Erika before she was even born. But cautious Mommy kept saying "no." Yesterday I broke down and did it! I had two coupons and so it is only a $20.00 investment and if I change my mind...not too much money wasted. We tried it out this morning when Erika got up and she was excited. If nothing else it gives her another activity to do while I am getting things done.
Today it is snowing and snowing and snowing some more, so maybe we will go outside and play in it. (not one of my favorite things to do)

A few more pictures of Erika testing out the walker...


Here is a not so exciting video of Erika attempting the walker this morning.

3 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

My parents bought one for Arjun and one for Indira for christmas and they already love them. They are dangerous if you don't watch them. Just like the bumbos, they are recalled because parents put them on the table and the kids flipped over onto the floor. Everything is a danger, even swings. Just go with your gut.
Damiane'

Anonymous said...

Heidi, It's true, they can tip over if it gets caught on something. Pam flipped on her's at her grandma's and got a black eye by hitting the door saddle. But that was the only time and the other girls were all o.k. And my grandchildren all had one. They just need to watched and not left alone. She's probably feeling a lot freer by being able to get around a little for now. Grandma #1

Anonymous said...

One more thing Heidi, I think the frame needs to be moved up higher. Her legs shouldn't be bent like that. It needs to be adjusted. Grandma #1